Hi Laurence, Markus, et al,

Laurence <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 > Hopefully next time we will be able to do this much faster.

I think that for the size of your operational work it has been pretty good.

All I want to say is that for the total size of the LCG grid,
a 3 weeks' period might be an underestimated time window.

Markus Schulz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
 > In fact I am surprised because I observed the fact that the slope is
 > the same as we have seen in previous upgrades.
[...]
 > No matter how hard you push, or how small the changes, you can't exceed
 > an average upgrade rate of 3 sites/day

In fact, it might become as high as 4, or as low as 2 sites per day,
but I doubt that an effort of this magnitude and complexity will
finish that easily in an error-prone and decentralized way.

I believe that for next time a target of 50% upgraded sites within 4 weeks,
is quite more realistic. Targets are nice to have, when they are achievable :)

--
echo "sysadmin know better bash than english" | sed s/min/mins/ \