Bravo Louis!

Louis Poncet wrote:

> I have a politicaly incorrect question to ask :
> "Why some people use CentOS ??"

Most of the good questions are politically incorrect so this is very
appropriate.  I have a politically incorrect answer:

"For the same reason some people use RHEL3"

That is unless they want an mpeg viewer distributed with the OS or have
too much money and need to spend it on an OS, then it's different.

Seriously CentOS is just RHEL with all the redhat strings and logos
removed, then recompiled, minus the packages that can't be distributed
due to licensing like mpeg viewers and such.  CentOS doesn't have extra
packages compared to RHEL; SL or SL3 *do* have extra packages.  I expect
our list of additional dependencies are the same as the RHEL folks.

	J "need to check on my risotto now" T