Hi Markus,

Markus Schulz <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> status of LCG2 release 2_4_0 ( now with a color scheme that allows
> Windows users to see the scale!)
[...]
>>According to our information system we have 136 sites and 50 are on
>>the latest version.
>>The VERY-VERY-VERY old contains all sites that are neither 2.4.0,
>>2.3.1 or 2.3.0.
>>Note, we have still more than 20 of them.

It is interesting to note that the curves of "upgrade rates"
show some striking similarity, with comparable lead-in slope.
I think this translates roughly to 3 sites per day, at best,
so the current number of 60 fresh sites should be no surprise at all.

There is certainly something to learn from that, and this comment
is particularly prompt now that the 3 week time window for 2.4.0 expires.

I noticed that the CERN site (LXBATCH) does update right at the end, too.
Now, should this be considered a good or a bad practice? And by whom? ;-)

--
echo "sysadmin know better bash than english" | sed s/min/mins/ \