At RHUL we installed our WN using up2date - adding the 2 lcg
respositories used by apt to /etc/sysconfig/rhn/sources, i.e.

apt lcg-ca http://grid-deployment.web.cern.ch/grid-deployment/gis
apt/LCG_CA/en/i386 lcg
apt lcg http://grid-deployment.web.cern.ch/grid-deployment/gis
apt/LCG-2_4_0/sl3/en/i386 lcg_sl3 lcg_sl3.updates

I thought this might be simpler, so as to have a single method to update
rpms (os + lcg). Especially since the installation of lcg could need to
pull in some rhel3 rpms to resolve dependencies.

Then you can run "up2date lcg-WN" to affect the middleware installation,
instead of using the yaim script which just does apt-get install lcg-WN.

Maybe there are some drawbacks of this approach, but we have yet to
discover them.

Simon