Hi Jeff,

This has been discussed at length before on the Rollout list and we
don't want to go round in circles. The last thread that was on the
rollout list was used as input for dicussing this during the Glue Schema
meeting.  The outcome come was that these values should be defined as
Steve T mentioned.

lsb_release -d

Would translate as

GlueHostOperatingSystemName: Scientific Linux SL
GlueHostOperatingSystemRelease: 3.0.3
GlueHostOperatingSystemVersion: SL

These attibutes are "higher level management" attributes and should not
be use by experiments in the jdls.