Hi Andreas,
since two releases we recommend to replace the MDS site GIIS by a BDII
configured to act as a site GIIS.
It is described in the installation guides and if you prefer an entry
in the WIKI pages it is there too.
Instead of google you can have a look at:

http://goc.grid.sinica.edu.tw/gocwiki/Using_the_BDII_as_a_site_GIIS

Laurence can give you the full story about the MDS based GIISs and
their stability.

             markus
On Apr 8, 2005, at 5:09 PM, Andreas Unterkircher wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is the MDS GIIS instability that has been mentioned in earlier posts
> somwhere documented ? I'm asking because we're seeing the slapd
> (started
> from globus-mds, acting as site GIIS) dieing after several hours
> without
> leaving any traces. This is on IA64 and at the moment only on one
> machine.
> So the reason is not clear to us.
>
> Andreas
>
> --