As far as I understand,

lcg-cp with more than 1 stream from external SE to a WN with NAT wouldn't work, right?

And this is precisely what I have seen LHCB and ATLAS do - use lcg-cp with 4 and even 12 streams to
download stuff. Which is quite fine with me.

Are we saying that such behaviour is not supported?

If a site is firewalled in such a way that it does not
support such downloads, SFTs can detect the problem only if commands,
that set the number of streams to be larger than 1,
are included, correct?

I got the impression that lcg-cp by default uses number of streams 1,
while I would prefer the edg-rm  default behaviour of making difference
between large and small files.

Emanouil Atanassov