Hi,

On Mon, 2005-03-07 at 15:12, owen maroney wrote:
> Two questions:
>
> 1. If the ESM can change the tags through a grid job, do they strictly
> need to be able to change the tags from a UI?  Or is this just something
> that makes their jobs easier?

The usual case here is that if you can only do it from a job, you may
have to wait *days* at some sites before your job actually runs.
Suppose you want to turn off the ATLAS-OK tag at Imperial because of a
problem ... you want to turn it off *now* ...

Given the current system I am not sure you could do it any better.  The
best idea is still to have this sort of info put in an info system
component that's directly under the experiment control, so that tag
setting on a CE is no longer necessary.

        J "kind of like using a train to put your
                                    number in the phone book" T