hi again,

the os is sl303, kernel 2.4.21.-20.ELsmp.
i've read some info given in the links, and will look into the firewall
issue more closely, but since i don't have direct access to that
firewall, it could take a while.
btw, how long should it take to complete the loop (100 times
globus-url-copy)? can somebody benchmark this, here it takes a while.

stijn