I am installing a new machine, and I get the following error:

/opt/edg/sbin/edg-mkgridmap --output=/etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile --safe
ldap search(ldap://lcg-registrar.cern.ch/ou=users,o=registrar,dc=lcg,dc=org): Sizelimit exceeded

Skipping /etc/grid-security/grid-mapfile writing

Exit with error(s) (code=128)

I tried to obtain the same error in a different way, and I got the following:

/usr/bin/ldapsearch -x -H ldap://lcg-registrar.cern.ch -b 'ou=users,o=registrar,dc=lcg,dc=org' -s 'sub' '(description=subject=*)'

gives many many records, and at the end I see:

# search result
search: 2
result: 4 Size limit exceeded

# numResponses: 1001
# numEntries: 1000

Is this limit of 1000 set in my box, or somewhere else?

Thanks,

Emanouil Atanassov