Dan,
the escalation tickets are sent automatically and I then agree with you.
The GGUS TPM (Ticket Processing Managers) normally contact supporters to
make sure an answer is provided before an escalation e-mail is generated.
For CIC-on-Duty (COD), this should be taken care by the COD team. They
normally allow for 3 working days (if I am not mistaken - Piotr or Judit
can correct me ...) before contacting the site.

Flavia