In fact our current classic SE will not be enlarged but replaced by a DPM
SE.

Michel

--On lundi 7 novembre 2005 23:44 +0100 "Maarten Litmaath, CERN"
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Mon, 7 Nov 2005, Charles Loomis wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Our SE at LAL (grid11.lal.in2p3.fr) is full because of recent activity
>> by the atlas and biomed VOs.  However, looking at the utilization of the
>> space by VO:
>>
>> dteam: 39 GB
>> biomed: 14 GB
>> atlas: 5 GB
>>
>> dteam dominates the usage.  Having dteam using 2/3 of the disk is not
>> reasonable.  These files are around 5600 small files which have LFNs
>> like:
>>
>> lfn:dteam07-19696-dstorm-S11003-I3.data
>>
>> or
>>
>> lfn:dteam07-mdstorm-S10063-I0099-CEgrid10-WNgrid02-oF49-32293-041006-204
>> 242.mds
>
> Hmmm, those names suggest that a certain well-known test suite was
> used...  :-)
>
>> most of which are from last October and November.  They take a large
>> amount of space because of the block size.
>>
>> I can of course transfer these files (and the problem) to another SE on
>> the grid.  However judging from the names and the dates, I'd guess that
>> these are not useful any more and would prefer to delete them.
>>
>> Is there anyone who believes that these files are still useful?
>
> Just delete them.
>
>> After the clean, I will up enable a quota for dteam.  What is a
>> reasonable size to support the testing activities of dteam?  5GB, 10GB?
>
> I would say that dteam shall leave no files behind at all, but jobs may
> fail to clean up after themselves, so at least a few GB should be allowed,
> and a cron job might throw away old and/or big files.
>
> But then again, these days a 100 GB disk costs less than 100 euros,
> so you might rather want to enlarge your SE a bit...

     * Michel Jouvin                 Email : [log in to unmask] *
     * LAL / CNRS                    Tel : +33 1 64468932        *
     * B.P. 34                       Fax : +33 1 69079404        *
     * 91898 Orsay Cedex                                         *
     * France                                                    *