Hi Steve.

We have a similar problem at Imperial.

We are only allowed gsidcap access for security reasons but
unfortunately the CMS software does not speak gsidcap, just dcap, so we
tried to use the LD_PRELOAD trick. Unfortunately this did not work for
us when using some CMS software that uses the mysql libraries. I do not
pretend to understand why.

Locally we had no problem (apart from it not working) adding the preload
to a cms setup script in VO_CMS_SW_DIR that CMS jobs source.

Cheers
Stuart