Santanu Das wrote:

> Hi,

        Hello and a happy new year!

> I'm getting a serious trouble with NFS mount. '/opt/local/lonux/7.3' of
                                                             ^^^^^^^^
                                                                You mean linux here I guess

> [root@serv05 root]# ipchains -L
> Chain input (policy ACCEPT):
  n/a
> REJECT     tcp  -y----  anywhere             anywhere              any
> ->   0:1023
> REJECT     udp  ------  anywhere             anywhere              any
> ->   0:1023

This two lines are the cause of your problem. You are blocking tcp and
udp connections on ports <1024 apart from ssh and httpd but nfs and
portmapper use ports in that range both tcp and udp . It is not that
simple to block lower ports if you want to use NFS. I suggest allowing
full access for your cluster`s ip ranges to the lcfgng server.

Best regards,

Dimitris Zilaskos

Department of Physics @ Aristotle Univercity of Thessaloniki , Greece
PGP key : http://tassadar.physics.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
           http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~dzila/pgp_public_key.asc
MD5sum  : de2bd8f73d545f0e4caf3096894ad83f  pgp_public_key.asc