Hi Maarten,

Maarten Litmaath wrote:
> It still fails for me (LCG_GFAL_INFOSYS=lcg-bdii.cern.ch:2170):
>
> $ lcg-cr -v --vo dteam file:/etc/group -d castorsrm.pic.se
> Using grid catalog type: edg
> SE type not found
> lcg_cr: Invalid argument

It works for me.
If you cut-pasted your command, it might be the typo in the domain:
pic.es instead of pic.se.

>> Curiously, we are publishing another SE (castorgrid.pic.es, which is
>> not an SRM, just a plain gridftp) with the wrong format (ie,
>> GlueSARoot=dteam:dteam: and GlueSAPath=/castor/pic.es/grid/cms) but
>> the lcg-cr was always working fine there. You know why?
>

> A Classic SE has its mount point published by a close CE.
>
> It also fails at this time:
>
> $ lcg-cr -v --vo dteam file:/etc/group -d castorgrid.pic.se
> Using grid catalog type: edg
> SE type not found
> lcg_cr: Invalid argument

I believe this should be the typo again. It works for me.

So, what you say is that for a classic SE the mount point is not taken
from GlueSARoot, but from the GlueCESEBindCEAccesspoint published by the CE?

By the way, what defines csatorgrid.pic.es as a Classic SE, from the
information system point of view? Is it that the GlueSEName=<sitename>:disk?

thanks,
Gonzalo