From: LHC Computer Grid - Rollout [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 3:33 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [LCG-ROLLOUT] SE advice

Hi,

Could someone outline the differences between the types of SE's available.
We have here at TIFR a single 4TB storage device that connects through a
fiber-channel link to the SE.
However we've had to create two filesystems of 2TB each (as linux2.4 can't
go beyond 2TB?)

We do not have expertise on the various available configurations for a
storage element. Given this situation  could someone show us the way to go
:)

Dcache doesn't seem to be encouraged. Among the SE's there is
the classis SE and SE_dpm. Is there documentation available at hand on
these?

Thanks
Kashyap

                  Quoth the Penguin, "pipe grep more!"                 .
Kashyap Paidmarri                                                      .
Summer Intern                                      Senior Undergraduate.
DHEP, TIFR, Mumbai                                 IIT Bombay          .