Hi,

It is important to remember that there is a built in cache to the
generic information provider.  The dynamic plug-in will only be run if
the cache is older than 20s. This ensures that the queries to the batch
system will be minimized.  If the queries to the batch system are
hanging. The cache will be used if it is not older than 5 mins.  If the
cache is older than 5 mins the static defaults will be used.

I think that you problem could be due to the difference in environment
setting between running as root and the user edginfo from with MDS. You
should add the LANG setting to the wrapper script to make sure that it
is set.

Laurence