Hi everybody,

I would very much like to know which LCG services have to be public -
mandatory or optionally - as opposed to those that are of local interest
only.

I care less of the service name but most of the service port and the
node type (RB, CE, SE, BDII, MON, etc.) where it runs.

There is a rather old document,
http://lcgdeploy.cvs.cern.ch/cgi-bin/lcgdeploy.cgi/lcg2/docs/lcg-port-table.pdf
, that I had used but it seems incomplete with respect to this matter.

For example, I'd like to know whether port 7772 on RB should be public
or only local without disrupting the service (at firewall level) and
waiting for the "Site Functional Test Report" to "complain" or even
worse, for a human to notice after a while that some essential
information has become unavailable at WEIZMANN-LCG2...

I could establish by myself that port 2170 on RB may not be kept public
except for the case that a site wants to make its top level lcg-bdii
service available to others. Now we keep it private. But that was a
lucky strike.

Therefore I'd be most grateful to the authors of LCG software and/or
those who have a full image of correlation between services if they
would care to translate their wisdom into the simple terms of public
(listening) ports and hosts/node types, for the efficient use of site
managers. An exhaustive list would be enough.

Regards,
Dan