On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 11:06:35PM +0200, Maarten Litmaath, CERN wrote:

> The next message, however, really boils down to a kernel misfeature
> that has been complained about with RedHat, as Steve said.
> Apart from spamming /var/log/messages the issue is harmless.

Do you have a bugzilla number for the bug report to RedHat? As far as
i can see this is real bug and not a false warning.

Here is a quote from Arjan:
 The sigchld issue is that it's not valid to call wait() (and by
 extension library functions that call wait) when you've set SIGCHILD
 to SIGIGN. That will cause deadlocks in case the child gets reaped by
 init before the wait() executes. Older kernels sort of kinda tolerated
 this, NPTL does not, but tries to work around it somewhat in our kernels.

Kostas