Hello,

> This was discussed today in the weekly meeting between the R-GMA team
> and SA1. Markus was of the opinion that coupling the two would cause
> delays and even more confusion because of the need to acquire host
> certificates.

and ports to open in firewall I'm told. I agree with Markus that a forced
change is not the way to have a smooth transition.

> However it was also agreed to circulate instructions on
> making this step very soon after this pong servlet patch goes out - so
> you can expect to see an announcement *very* soon.

but this definitely is. We would have possibly avoided all this mess
if the instructions had been circulated before.

thanks

cheers
alessandra

* Dr Alessandra Forti			   *
* Technical Coordinator - NorthGrid Tier2  *
* http://www.hep.man.ac.uk/u/aforti	   *