Dear site admins,
up to now LCG-2 releases have suggested that 50 pool accounts
be created per VO.  Recently a CMS RB at CERN has reached 50
concurrent users, so we added 50 more accounts.  In the coming
months the usage for the LHC experiments is expected to rise
quite a bit, so we would have to have, say, a few hundred
accounts per VO.

At the same time we are discussing a different pool account
scheme for a future version of gLite, viz. leasing an account
per job instead of per user.  In that case we would need at
least as many accounts as there are job slots on the farm.
To avoid one VO taking all the accounts, the easiest would
be to give each VO a complete set.  We then would also end up
with many hundreds of pool accounts, and thousands on sites
that have large farms and/or support many VOs.

What we would like to know is how far we can take these schemes?

Say we propose that for the next LCG-2 release sites should
configure 1000 pool acounts per VO: would any of you object,
and why?  Better ideas are welcome too.
Thanks,
	Maarten