EGEE BROADCAST <[log in to unmask]> writes:

> We have moved our monitoring maps across to a new google maps based system.

Cool!

HPTC seems to have located to northern Sweden, though. More precisely,
to the mountain region Kabla northeast of Kvikkjokk, where the
reindeer stop on their westerly migration in spring to give birth.

By coincidence, I flew over the area in a helicopter this summer, but
I didn't notice any compute centers. Or any buildings at all.

However, there is a big hydroelectric plant not too far away, so
electricity might be cheap. And cooling must be a lesser problem than
on Puerto Rico.

--
Leif Nixon                       -            Systems expert
National Supercomputer Centre    -      Linkoping University