On Fri, 2 Sep 2005, David Meder-Marouelli wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> today we discovered that we are not able to store any more files as VO
> dzero. This applies to either grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal as also other
> SEs supporting dzero.
>
> This might be connected with upgrading the site to LCG_2_6_0, except the
> dzero RLS server (grid-dzero-rls.physik.uni-wuppertal.de).

The RLS server need/should not be upgraded: the servers at CERN were not
and they work fine with LCG-2_6_0.  Are you sure nothing was done on your
RLS server?  The problem is with the server, not the clients, because also
LCG-2_4_0 clients now fail.  The lcg-cr command gets a low-level SOAP error
that leads to a vague catch-all message "Communication error on send".
In such cases the good old edg-rm-orig command can provide more info:

$ edg-rm-orig -v --vo dzero cr file:/etc/group -d \
sfn://grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/tmp/test.$$
edg-replica-manager starting..
Issuing command : cr
Parameters:
file:/etc/group
-d
sfn://grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/tmp/test.16111
Destination is an SURL : sfn://grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/tmp/test.16111
Call replica manager copyAndRegister function
Filesize to copy (MB) = 6.904602E-4
copy : From     : file:/etc/group
copy : To       : gsiftp://grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/tmp/test.16111
copy : Protocol : gsiftp
copy : # streams: 1
copy : noDcau   : true
Transfer took: 1527 ms.
Copy successful to : File name       = gsiftp://grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/tmp/test.16111
File size       = 724
File Owner      = -
Associated SE:
Registration Failed (lfn =null, pfn = sfn://grid-se.physik.uni-wuppertal.de/tmp/test.16111)
Reason : Cannot connect to LRC http://grid-dzero-rls.physik.uni-wuppertal.de:8080/
dzero/edg-local-replica-catalog/services/edg-local-replica-catalog Could not create
newLocalReplicaCatalog : Tried to invoke method public java.lang.String org.edg.data.
rls.EdgLocalReplicaCatalogSoapBindingSkeleton.ping() throws java.rmi.RemoteException
with arguments .  The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is:
        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class

The edg-lrc command has the same problem:

$ edg-lrc -v -i guidExists guid:foo --vo dzero --endpoint \
http://grid-dzero-rls.physik.uni-wuppertal.de:8080/dzero/\
edg-local-replica-catalog/services/edg-local-replica-catalog
edg-local-replica-catalog starting..
Issuing command : guidExists
Parameters:
guid:foo
--vo
dzero
--endpoint
http://grid-dzero-rls.physik.uni-wuppertal.de:8080/dzero/
edg-local-replica-catalog/services/edg-local-replica-catalog
Unexpected exception from server : Tried to invoke method public boolean
org.edg.data.rls.EdgLocalReplicaCatalogSoapBindingSkeleton.guidExists(java.lang.String)
throws java.rmi.RemoteException with arguments java.lang.String.
The arguments do not match the signature.; nested exception is:
        java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: java.lang.ClassCastException@1127b52

The URL loads fine in the browser, so the LRC is up, but it has some problem;
look into the logfiles.