Hello,

we installed LCG-2.3.0 on our site yesterday (we are running SL3.0.3)
using yaim scripts and we are having some problems with the
globus-gridftp service on our CE and SE.

In both cases, the file /etc/init.d/globus-gridftp contains the lines:

#ftpd=$GLOBUS_LOCATION/sbin/in.ftpd
ftpd=$EDG_LOCATION/sbin/edg-gridftpd

with $EDG_LOCATION pointing at /opt/edg. However, on the CE there is no
/opt/edg/sbin/edg-gridftpd, and as a result globus-gridftp fails to start:

root@ce01 init.d]# /etc/init.d/globus-gridftp start
Starting globus-gridftp:execvp: No such file or directory

From what I see, /opt/edg/sbin/edg-gridftp is part of the
edg-gridftpd-1.0.0-1_sl3 rpm package, which is installed only on our
Storage Element but not on the CE. Is this normal? Should we change
/etc/init.d/globus-gridftp by uncommenting the line:

#ftpd=$GLOBUS_LOCATION/sbin/in.ftpd

Have we done some other mistake?

On the Storage Element on the other hand, globus-gridftp service starts
OK. However, when someone tries to connect gets the following error:

[kyrginis@ui01 kyrginis]$ edg-gridftp-ls gsiftp://se01.isabella.grnet.gr/tmp
error the server sent an error response: 530 530 No authorization based
on LCAS
error the server sent an error response: 530 530 No authorization based
on LCAS

This is part of /var/log/gridftp-lcas_lcmaps.log from our SE:

LCAS/LCMAPS 0:
LCAS/LCMAPS 0: Startup LCAS and LCMAPS
LCAS/LCMAPS 0: LCAS and LCMAPS settings:
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:     use logfile    = yes
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:     logfile        = /var/log/gridftp-lcas_lcmaps.log
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:     use LCAS: yes
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcas_debug_level   = 0
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcas_db_file       = lcas.db
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcas_etc_dir       = /opt/edg/etc/lcas/
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcas_mod_dir       = /opt/edg/lib/lcas/
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:     use LCMAPS: yes
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcmaps_debug_level = 0
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcmaps_db_file     = lcmaps.db.gridftp
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcmaps_etc_dir     = /opt/edg/etc/lcmaps
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       lcmaps_mod_dir     = /opt/edg/lib/lcmaps
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       acq pol: 1, voms_acq
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       acq pol: 2, standard_acq
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       enf pol: 1, voms_enf
LCAS/LCMAPS 0:       enf pol: 2, standard_enf
LCAS 7: Running LCAS
LCAS 7: Trying to use delegated user proxy
LCAS 7: temporarily ALLOW empty credentials
LCAS 7: Using dlopen version of LCAS
LCAS 7: lcas_mod_name = /opt/edg/lib/lcas/lcas.mod
LCAS 3: dlopen error: /opt/edg/lib/lcas/lcas.mod: cannot open shared
object file

Thanks in advance for any help.

--
Kyriakos Ginis