Hi Maarten,

On Tue, 9 Aug 2005, Maarten Litmaath, CERN wrote:

> On Mon, 8 Aug 2005, No Name wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I've recently reconfigured the ALBERTA-LCG2 site with release 2_6_0.
>>
>> Querying the site bdii directly via ldap yields most values of the local
>> torque/maui system set to zero, such as the values of GlueCEState* and
>> GlueCEPolicy*.
>>
>> # ldapsearch -LLL -x -H ldap//lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca:2170 \
>>    -b "mds-vo-name=ALBERTA-LCG2,o=grid"
>>
>> <<< begin snip >>>
>>
>> GlueCEHostingCluster: lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca
>> GlueCEName: atlas
>> GlueCEUniqueID: lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-atlas
>> GlueCEInfoGatekeeperPort: 2119
>> GlueCEInfoHostName: lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca
>> GlueCEInfoLRMSType: torque
>> GlueCEInfoLRMSVersion: not defined
>> GlueCEInfoTotalCPUs: 0
>> GlueCEInfoJobManager: lcgpbs
>> GlueCEInfoContactString:
>> lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-atlas
>> GlueCEStateEstimatedResponseTime: 0
>> GlueCEStateFreeCPUs: 0
>> GlueCEStateRunningJobs: 0
>> GlueCEStateStatus: Production
>> GlueCEStateTotalJobs: 0
>> GlueCEStateWaitingJobs: 0
>> GlueCEStateWorstResponseTime: 0
>> GlueCEStateFreeJobSlots: 0
>> GlueCEPolicyMaxCPUTime: 0
>> GlueCEPolicyMaxRunningJobs: 0
>> GlueCEPolicyMaxTotalJobs: 0
>> GlueCEPolicyMaxWallClockTime: 0
>> GlueCEPolicyPriority: 1
>> GlueCEPolicyAssignedJobSlots: 0
>> GlueCEAccessControlBaseRule: VO:atlas
>> GlueForeignKey: GlueClusterUniqueID=lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca
>> GlueInformationServiceURL:
>> ldap://lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca:2135/mds-vo-name=local,o=grid
>> GlueSchemaVersionMajor: 1
>> GlueSchemaVersionMinor: 2
>>
>> <<< end snip >>>
>>
>> But running the 'lcg-info-dynamic-ce' command directly on the CE yields
>> the correct information:
>>
>> # /opt/lcg/libexec/lcg-info-dynamic-ce
>>
>> dn: GlueCEUniqueID=lcgce01.nic.ualberta.ca:2119/jobmanager-lcgpbs-atlas,
>> mds-vo-name=local,o=grid
>> GlueCEInfoLRMSVersion: torque_1.2.0p1
>> GlueCEInfoTotalCPUs: 29
>> GlueCEStateFreeCPUs: 29
>> GlueCEPolicyMaxCPUTime: 2880
>> GlueCEPolicyMaxWallClockTime: 4320
>> GlueCEStateStatus: Production
>> GlueCEStateTotalJobs: 0
>> GlueCEStateWaitingJobs: 0
>> GlueCEStateRunningJobs: 0
>> GlueCEStateWorstResponseTime: 0
>> GlueCEStateEstimatedResponseTime: 0
>>
>> Are there any suggestions as to why the information is not being published
>> to the GIIS/GRIS?  The CE is setup to use an existing torque/maui server
>> in our local cluster.
>
> Try running the dynamic info provider as user "edginfo", not as root:
> there may be a problem with directory or file permissions.

Thanks for the helpful suggestion.  When running as 'edguser' it actually
did not have the torque commands in the PATH so the returned values were
empty.  Adding the location of our site torque bin to the PATH fixed this
and I can now see the correct entries via ldap.

> P.S.  You probably need to fix your mail reader setup, because it
>      advertizes you as "No Name".

Thanks, I noticed as well when I received the posting.  Now fixed.

Cheers,

Bryan.