On Mon, Aug 08, 2005 at 10:54:33AM +0200 or thereabouts, Antun Balaz wrote:
> Hi,
> I have configured maui scheduler at my site, but have several questions:
>
> 1) Is it enough to install maui rpms only on CE?

Yes it is enough, (to be precise you need it where you have your
pbs_server running which may or may not be on your CE node, by default it
is.)
However you may want the maui clients installed elsewhere to allow you
to run showq, diagnose from any other nodes.

> 2) Is it really enough just to say qmgr -c "set server scheduling = False"
> to start using maui (after tuning of maui.cfg file and starting maui on CE)?

I don't think it makes any difference what you have this set up.

Stopping the pbs_sched service and starting the maui service is all that
is needed.

> 3) GlueCEPolicyMaxRunningJobs values published by the site BDII are equal to
> the values I have previously set by qmgr commands (qmgr -c "set queue ...").
> Should they be equal to soft (or maybe hard limits) set in maui.cfg? Or I
> have to keep these values synchronized?

GlueCEPolicyMaxRunningJobs is a very tricky one. We avoid the problem and
don't set it at all.

 Steve

--
Steve Traylen