Hi,

I found the cause of my problems, and I think there is a 'bug' in the
documentation that led to this. In short: globus-mds did not start,
because I was missing some packages. The relevant metapackage has been
renamed from lcg-LFC-mysql (2_4_0) to lcg-LFC_mysql (2_6_0). As I already
had an LFC service installed, a simple 'apt-get upgrade' did not pull the
new packages. This sort of problem is indicated in the upgrade notes for
the classic SE and the BDII, but not for LFC. So, if you are *upgrading*
an LFC node, you have to issue

rpm -e --nodeps lcg-LFC-mysql
apt-get install lcg-LFC_mysql

before 'apt-get upgrade', and then follow with yaim config as usual.

There is, however, a remaining problem with the configuration of gip. As
said earlier, yaim will happily configure a central LFC service for all
the VOs you declared in site-info.def, which is not what you want. Just
like Mario, I had to change lcg-info-generic.conf to exclude the
unnecessary VOs from the 'central service' entry. But which one is it? You
have two entries:

1. 'dn:GlueServiceUniqueID=http://grid155.kfki.hu:8085/\
,mds-vo-name=BUDAPEST,o=grid'
with  'GlueServiceType: data-location-interface'

2. 'dn: GlueServiceUniqueID=grid155.kfki.hu,mds-vo-name=BUDAPEST,o=grid'
with 'GlueServiceType: lcg-file-catalog'

Throughout the LFC-Administrator-Guide-1.3.5.pdf document (linked from the
GocWIKI Administration FAQ) it is emphasized that 'dli' is the thing for
the central service, so you might guess that you have to change entry #1.

On the other hand, the same document offers a sample lcg-info-generic.conf
with 'GlueServiceType: lcg-file-catalog' for the central service and
'GlueServiceType: local-lcg-file-catalog' for the local catalogue. This
would make you want to change entry #2. For the time being, I just copied
Mario's solution, which is probably right, but the documentation should
definitely be updated :-).

And a final question: is it necessary to open port 8085 for the central
service to work? The documentation only mentions port 5010.

Happy Upgrading,

Szabolcs