Hi *,

I'm trying to install a classic-SE (+MON) on a SL4.0 machine (we are testing SL4 OS).

Has anybody already done it?

In particular, I set the middleware repository entry as for SL3 (http://grid-deployment.web.cern.ch/grid-deployment/gis apt/LCG-2_4_0/sl3/en/i386 lcg_sl3 lcg_sl3.updates)...I hope it's compatible (SL4 is quite different from SL3: first of all it has kernel 2.6 vs SL3's 2.4...).

First installation try failed for the following unmet package:

  lcg-MON: Depends: jakarta-commons-logging (>= 1.0.2-lcg1_sl3) but it is not going to be installed
           Depends: jakarta-axis (>= 1.1rc2-3) but it is not going to be installed
  lcg-SECLASSIC: Depends: jakarta-commons-logging (>= 1.0.2-lcg1_sl3) but it is not going to be installed
                 Depends: jakarta-axis (>= 1.1rc2-3) but it is not going to be installed

Trying to install directly jakarta* package will result in a failure too:

  jakarta-commons-logging: Depends: commons-logging but it is not installable

and at last:

Package commons-logging has no available version, but exists in the database.
This typically means that the package was mentioned in a dependency and
never uploaded, has been obsoleted or is not available with the contents
of sources.list
E: Package commons-logging has no installation candidate

Ant clue? Should I look for that package anyway?

regards

Vega Forneris

ESA-ESRIN
Unix Systems Administrator