On Thu, 26 May 2005, Kashyap Paidimarri wrote:

> Continuing from a few of the previous threads
>
> could someone give the entries for the following at CERN
>
> RB_HOST=lcg2rb.$MY_DOMAIN
> PX_HOST=cms-px.$MY_DOMAIN

RB_HOST=lxn1177.cern.ch
PX_HOST=myproxy.cern.ch

> BDII_HOST=lcg-bdii.cern.ch
>
> Using the bdii from CERN would mean, we also use the RB from CERN.

Not necessarily: the RB should be using a compatible BDII,
so the easiest is to use the same BDII indeed.
It ought to be possible to specify the BDII in the JDL file,
such that one does not depend on the one configured on the RB...

> And is a certificate proxy host PX_HOST mandatory even for a small
> site, or can we use that of CERN?

You can use the one of CERN.  In any case you would have to ensure
that the RB you use is trusted by the PX_HOST you use, otherwise the
RB will not be able to renew the proxies.  In general that means that
a site that sets up its own RB also needs to set up its own PX_HOST.

> And could someone explain the difference between RGMA and GIIS? When
> both of these are monitoring apps, why does one run on the MON_HOST
> and the other on the SE?

The (site) GIIS is the site's entry point for the information system,
which also happens to be used to do certain forms of monitoring.

R-GMA currently is used for monitoring and accounting; originally it
was planned to be used as information system as well, but it did not
mature in time, so we kept relying on LDAP-based information systems
(first MDS, now the more robust BDII).