On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Steve Traylen wrote:

> > >         To clarify - are you saying that your configuration is in fact
> > > working, but you feel that the config_crl function should download the crl
> > > list when run? I agree with this point and will update the script.
> >
> > The configuration works. I'm saying that config_crl and config_mkgridmap
> > should have the same behaviour: ether both of them should run the cron job
> > that they schedule (update the gridmapfile & fetch the crl) or both of them
> > should not run the cron job. When one of the scripts does and another does
> > not it is quite confusing.
>
> I would say they should not be run at all, I think it is generally a good idea
> to not  have nothing in the installation that depends on anything external
> off site.  You run the risk that installations can be different to one another
> because something happening that you can't control.  We obviously mirror all
> of your repositories to achieve this.
>  Steve

        Yeah, point taken, but such things would cause two otherwise
identical installations to diverge subsequently anyway. Clearly this is
undesirable, but I think it means you gain more than you lose having the
node as up to date as possible.

        -Oliver

Oliver Keeble                      Information Technology Department
[log in to unmask]                                           CERN
+41 22 76 74929                                    CH-1211 Geneva 23