-----Original Message-----
From: Madeleine Tseyoungsun [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 04 March 2005 12:22
To: CILIP Branch (England) Chairs; CILIP Group Chairs; CILIP Home Nations
Chairs; CILIP Group Hon Secs; CILIP Branch (England) Hon Secs; CILIP Home
Nations Hon Secs
Cc: CILIP Liaison Officers (All)
Subject: FW: Oportunities to contribute to CILIP's work

(Message from Guy Daines)

To: Chairs and Secretaries of CILIP Branches and Groups

Many of you will be aware that major changes in CILIP are creating a whole
range of new opportunities for members to help CILIP in its work. The
requirements of the new Framework for Qualifications are a key example of
this. However other changes are taking place as well within the governance
of CILIP. Recently Council has approved the creation of three new bodies - a
new Ethics Panel, a Disciplinary Committee and a Scrutineers'  Board. It has
been agreed that we should advertise these opportunities widely within CILIP
rather than rely on nominations from within Council or its Standing
Committees alone. We have, for instance, advertised these opportunities in
the Appointments section of the Gazette on 25 February.  Therefore I would
be grateful if you could share with your Branches and Groups the
opportunities to contribute to CILIP's work through these bodies and,
indeed, consider the opportunities yourself. I have attached role profiles
for the various committees and would be pleased to discuss the possibilities
with any member. Ideally we would like nominations within the next few weeks
as in two cases - the Disciplinary Committee and the Scrutineers' Board -
members have to be ratified by Council which meets on 4 April 2005. However
later applications can still be considered but official confirmation of
appointment will take longer.

Thank you for your help in this matter.

Guy Daines
Principal Policy Adviser
CILIP
Tel: 020 7255 0632
Mobile: 07746 796387
Email: [log in to unmask]

<<ethics-panel-role-profile-0305.doc>>
<<disciplinary-comm-role-profile-0305.doc>> <<Scrutineers
Board-role-profile-0305.doc>>

************************************
CILIP - more services, more advice, more support, more publications, more
training opportunities, more jobs information, more meeting space, more
members.  Unbeatable networking opportunities.

Are you getting the most out of your membership?

www.cilip.org.uk - there's more to membership than you think.

***********************************

http://www.rcn.org.uk

This email is confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual to
whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of
the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Royal College of
Nursing or any of its affiliates.

If you are not the intended recipient be advised that you have received
this email in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or
copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this email in
error please return it to the sender immediately.  The contents of this message
may be legally privileged.

Royal College of Nursing of the United Kingdom
20 Cavendish Square
London   W1G ORN
Registered Charity Number: 276435
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7409 3333