A colleague at the Social Care Institute for Excellence is working on a
hospital discharge guide for older people, and we'd really appreciate
examples of such guides.

This is an area of huge importance as the experience of the discharge
process including assessment of needs, setting up of required services and
other arrangements for older people can often be a negative process fraught
with difficulties and causing distress to individuals, their families and
carers.  We hope that our proposed discharge guide would provide
information that would help towards life planning including planning future
care, adjusting lifestyles, as well as helping individuals to gain some
sense of control over their lives.  In addition the guide would signpost
older people, their families and carers to valuable sources of help and
advice.

The Social Care Institute for Excellence places a high priority on
involving older people who have knowledge and/or experience of the
discharge planning process so examples of participation in such guides are
also valuable.

Thankyou, and apologies in advance for cross-posting.