Dear All

Rotherham and Sheffield are joining forces to look at the health impact of the proposed development of the M1 corridor potentially focusing on the section between J33 and J36.

We have already got evidence about air and noise pollution from a previous HIA in Sheffield that we wish to build on, but we would also like to see what was out there regarding the wider health impacts of road developments and the chain effects of widening roads (eg subsequent increase in traffic) etc.

If you can suggest any references (and I'm sure there are hundreds!) or have experience of HIA in this area, I would appreciate your advice, experience and recommendations...

Thank you!

Natalie Pugh
Health Impact Assessment Coordinator
Rotherham PCT