Hello GP-UK,

Unless I misheard, a Sky News correspondent was this afternoon
describing Tamiflu as a *vaccine*! :-( He had apparently been to some
Government briefing (I missed the intro). The 'new' news was HMG
intended to procure enough vaccine to treat the *whole* population,
the fly in the ointment being that a future avian flu pandemic may not
the current strain so there isn't a vaccine to procure at the moment
(nor one for H5N1 yet). HMG are putting out some form of test tender
for a vaccine (which I believe they already announced a while ago).
However, the correspondent stated that we had Tamiflu vaccine for the
current strain, H5N1!! I am willing to be corrected but I am sure
that's what he said, twice.

Anyone in doubt as to what Tamiflu really *is* see:

http://www.tamiflu.com/

Chris

--
 Chris Salter  mailto:[log in to unmask]