At 09:10 AM 07/06/2005 -0600, I wrote:
>If the rate of plagioclase growth = rate of plagioclase dissolution, and
>Grt_porph_diameter/compositional_layering_width is high, then plagioclase
>dissolution-regrowth may actually be required in order to make approaching
>equilibrium a possibility (in uppermost greenschist-amphibolite facies at
>least).

That really doesn't make any sense. I should have wrote:

If the rate of plagioclase growth = rate of plagioclase dissolution, then
plagioclase dissolution-regrowth may actually make the approachment of
equilibrium more likely, and may even be required if
Grt_porph_diameter/compositional_layering_width is high (in uppermost
greenschist-amphibolite facies at least).

Doug

Doug Tinkham
Dept. of Geology and Geophysics
University of Calgary