Many thanks to all who responded to my request for advice about creating audio tours for the visually impaired.  I've created a digest of replies, attached below.  Also attached are three very interesting written pieces sent by respondents; these are referred to in the digest.

 <<Digest of Audio guide advice.doc>>  <<Kit Reid VIP tour script.doc>>  <<Kit Reid Vocal Eyes Report - Audi Tours.doc>>  <<Paul Salmons article.doc>>

Andrew James
Museums Education Officer
East Lothian Museums Service
Libraries and Museums Headquarters
Dunbar Road
Haddington EH41 3PJ

http://education.eastlothianmuseums.org
01620 828225
07788 150312

Email Disclaimer - East Lothian Council
the sender and ensure it is deleted and not read copied or disclosed
to anyone else. It is your responsibility to scan this email and any
attachments for computer viruses or other defects. East Lothian
Council do not accept liability for any loss or damage which may
result from this email or any files attached. Email is not secure and
can be intercepted, corrupted or amended without the knowledge of the
sender. East Lothian Council do not accept liability for errors or
omissions arising as a result of interrupted or defective transmission.

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by MCI's Internet Managed Scanning Services - powered by MessageLabs. For further information visit http://www.mci.com