My apologies for cross-posting:

> The Wellcome Trust
Engaging Science Conference
3rd - 4th April 2006, Manchester Conference Centre
Science for all? Is Public Engagement Engaging the Public?

Explore the rich diversity of creative outputs, supported by the Wellcome Trust, that have raised awareness of bioscience and its issues to people of all ages, from all walks of life.

The Engaging Science Conference will be:

The time to consider the growth of public engagement and ask: Is it progress? Has our thinking really changed? Do we stop there? What should we be doing now for the future?

The place to bring together artists, science communicators, educators, scientists, the media, policy-makers, and community leaders to debate whether public engagement is actively engaging all sectors of society or repeatedly reaching the same few.