Invitation to tender: Manchester City Galleries website

Manchester City Galleries is looking to redevelop its website in order to reflect changing identity and priorities.

Manchester Art Gallery is one of the North West's premier visual arts venues, with a reputation for high quality, friendly and engaging services.

We want our new website to reflect and build on our reputation through the use of high quality visual design, great usability and engaging content.

We will be looking to work with developers with the skills and passion to create a website that:

·        makes creative use of our outstanding visual  resources

·        promotes our identity and organisational  priorities

·        enables wider online access to the collections

·        provides the kind of accessible, friendly welcome that visitors receive  in person when they visit our venue

The redevelopment of the website will take place in phases, with this first phase seeing the implementation of a new website content management system, integrating the website content management system with the existing Ke EMu collections management system and putting in place a sound foundation for more advanced web applications in future  phases of the project.

The website must be focused on attracting our key audiences of families and schools, whilst incorporating the needs of a wide range of users, including new visitors, students and researchers, business and corporate visitors and tourists.

The closing time and date for applications is midday 11 October 2005.

Interview date for shortlisted applicants is 19 October 2005.

For full details please email Liz Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>  or call 0161 235 8817

---
Martin Bazley
ICT4Learning
15 Margin Drive