Dear all,

I'm looking for some advice on employing an education assistant. My post is
funded by our local New Deal for Communities, and there is the possibility
I can bid for an assistant to help deliver sessions in school, to free up
with some of my time. As the NDC is encouraging us to train local people,
I'm thinking this will appeal to a local student on a teacher-training
course or mother returning to work.  The job will be term time only, and
there probably won't be any planning to do - they'll be trained in sessions
I'll develop.

Does anyone employ someone in a similar capacity? I'd be very interested to
hear what an appropriate pay rate would be, or to hear any helpful
suggestions.

Thanks in advance,
Rosie Barker
Community Learning Officer
Aston Hall

The information contained within this e-mail (and any attachment) sent by Birmingham City Council is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended only for the named recipient or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient please accept our apologies and notify the sender immediately, or telephone +(44) 121 464 4444 Unauthorised access, use, disclosure, storage or copying is not permitted and may be unlawful. Any e-mail including its content may be monitored and used by Birmingham City Council for reasons of security and for monitoring internal compliance with the office policy on staff use. E-mail blocking software may also be used. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the originator and do not necessarily represent those of Birmingham City Council. We cannot guarantee that this message or any attachment is virus free or has not been intercepted and amended.