Just wanted to say a general 'thank you' to all those who offered help and advice and idea regarding my problem.  Some of you should be working for the UN :)

However just to show a week can be a long time in museums, I have handed in my notice and will be leaving Newham in mid June.  Don't worry the ideas won't go to waste as whoever replaces me will be able to use them.

Jason
-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Finch
Sent: 10 May 2005 10:07
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Library Anniversary Event

Hi Folks

I wonder if I can pick peoples brains a bit.  Some of Newham's libraries are 100 years old later this year and we are organising some celebratory events with them.  I'm ok for ideas for events aimed at families and younger children but I need to do an event aimed at teenagers and quite frankly I'm stumped.

Does anyone have any ideas for heritage-themed, library-related events aimed at teenagers?  Given the problems in getting teenagers into libraries and museums in the first place, you may want to resolve tensions in the Middle East as a warm-up :)

Any ideas?

Jason
Jason Finch
Education and Outreach Officer
Newham Heritage Services
London Borough of Newham
292 Barking Road
East Ham
London, E6 3BA

Newham is one of the host boroughs in London's bid for the 2012 Olympic Games and Paralympic Games.

Back the bid at http://www.london2012.org/en/support/register

NOTE: This communication is sent for and on behalf of the London Borough of Newham.

However the views expressed within it are not necessarily the views or policies of the Council. The unauthorised use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this communication and any attachments is forbidden. This communication and any attachments are intended for the addressee only and may be confidential. If this has come to you in error you should immediately permanently destroy it.

You should take no action based on it or copy or show it to anyone and telephone the Council immediately with any issues on 0208 430 4444 or any other number provided in the communication. Please note that electronic communication is not considered a secure medium for sending information and therefore maybe at risk.

We advise that you understand and accept this lack of security when using this form of communication with us. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free and should run current anti-virus software. Please note that email may be monitored and checked to safeguard the council network from viruses, hoax messages or abuse of the Council's systems. Action may be taken against any malicious and deliberate attempts to infect the council network.

The information contained in this email maybe subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless the information is legally exempt from disclosure the confidentiality of this email and your reply cannot be guaranteed.