Hi - yes, your reply had made it onto the list - but not in the place on
the September listing that you expected because you sent it in reply to a
different thread :)

Yes, 1 and 2 make sense - though note that 2. should be a mixed-effects
(FLAME stage 1) analysis if you are going to feed the results up to 3.

3. sounds fine too, though if you are only interested in the A-B contrast
for each subject then you may as well just have all A and all B in the 2.
analysis for each subject, get the [1 -1] contrast from that, and just
feed that single value from each subject up into 3.

Cheers.

--
 Stephen M. Smith  DPhil
 Associate Director, FMRIB and Analysis Research Coordinator

 Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
 John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 [log in to unmask]  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve