Hi,

It is easy to run bet2 (and most other utilities) at the
command line and this is a useful skill to master.

To start with, open up a terminal window.
Then go to the directory that your image is in using "cd"
	e.g.   cd subj001_analysis/
Say there is an image called structural in this
directory (either structural.hdr and structural.img or
structural.nii.gz, it doesn't matter which)
Then you can run bet2 by typing the following command:
	bet2 structural structural_bet -e -v
It will then show you some output as it is going, and when
it is finished the results will be in that directory with
filenames starting with "structural_bet"

If you then want to generate meshes or images for the
skull and scalp surfaces, you need to run "betsurf"
	e.g. betsurf -m structural structural_t2 structural_bet_mesh.off
struct2standard.mat struct_surf

Note that we recommend you have a T1 and T2 weighted image
and that you need to have run registration to standard space
to generate the struct2standard.mat file.

If you are having trouble with the basics, try looking at the
fslcourse lectures, practicals or any of the many online
tutorials for using unix and the command line.

All the best,
	Mark