Hi Steve,

I am getting back to this subject with another question.

On Monday 25 July 2005 22:06, Stephen Smith wrote:
> Hi - this is just in the bits of code that test for whether the USAN
> (local neighbourhood of similar valued voxels to the centre voxel) is
> empty or not - these constants represent the value which is generated by
> the centre voxel itself - which clearly isn't of interest in judging
> whether the USAN is "empty" - hence this value is first subtracted from
> the USAN sum. By default, if the USAN is empty, then the algorithm reverts
> to the median.

If USAN is empty:

(a) median is the only thing applied to the central pixel

or

(b) after removing salt-and-pepper noise, USAN is searched again, and is
followed by "selective" Gaussian filtering, just like for any pixel with
non-empty USAN.

Thanks
Martin