Hi - it't not very clear from the JPGs that you sent what's going on;
mostly the image looks like the -f threshold should be lowered. In general
we would not recommend downsampling the data. If you would like to upload
an example original image we can have a quick look.

Please upload the files in a single compressed tarfile to
http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/cgi-bin/upload.cgi
and then email me the upload ID.

Cheers, Steve.

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, A Gouw wrote:

> Dear all, we are trying to run SIENAX on T1-3D images (1x1x1mm) in a multi-center setting. However, we've run into several
> problems. We hope that you could help us out. First, BET does not give satisfying results. Even after changing the options -f, -g
> and -c and cutting off the neck, manual editing is still necessary (parts of the eyes and skull). We think that it could be caused
> by a wrong scanning angle. Therefore, while manual editing is not feasible on 256 slices, we downsample the images to 4mm slices
> before running BET. Then we combine the manual and automatic masks and run SIENAX without BET. For some centers, this works out
> well. For other centers however, BET and segmentation still give bad results. For sagittal MPRAGES the temporal regions are not
> properly segmented (see fig 1), and for coronal MPRAGES this is the case in the frontal and occipital regions. We believe that it
> is a bias field problem, and we are trying to solve it with optimal N3-inhomogeneity correction. However, this has not been
> satisfactory yet. Do you have any suggestions, or have suggestions using different FAST-options? Another problem is that for some
> centres the FOV is too small and some parts of the skull are not included in the image. Therefore the skull image is distorted (see
> fig 2 and 3). Do you have any ideas of how to solve this? Thank you in advance, best regards, Alida Gouw A.A. Gouw, MD VU Medical
> Centre Amsterdam The Netherlands

 Associate Director, Oxford University FMRIB Centre

 FMRIB, John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 [log in to unmask]  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve