Hello Ryoko,

This means that tar and ls are not in your path.  Most likely, your Cygwin
installation was not complete.  I ran into numerous missing programs until
I concluded that disk space is cheap and installed everything having to do
with Cygwin on each machine.  The default Cygwin install will get just the
base system, you must explicitly select to install all other packages.

Good luck,
Chuck

At 11:19 AM 9/9/2005, Ryoko Matsumoto wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I am trying to install FSL using cygwin and Windows XP.  Cygwin was
>installed smoothly (it didn't give me any error messages one the way and I
>got Installation complete message at the end).  I am now following the
>instructions to install FSL.  But when I try to put tar xvfz fsl-*.tar.gz
>in the Cygwin terminal, it says tar: command not found.  Why? It says the
>same thing when I put ls.  Does that mean Cygwin installation was not
>successful or there's a problem with something else?
>
>Thank you for your help!
>
>Ryoko

Chuck Theobald
System Administrator
The Robert and Beverly Lewis Center for Neuroimaging
University of Oregon
P: 541-346-0343
F: 541-346-0345