Hi - see
http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/fsl/bet2/

If you have t1 and t2, you can just use betall - to get usage just type
"betall".

If you have just t1 you can use betsurf with the second set of options
when you just type "betsurf".

Hopefully this is clear - if not, you might be interested in the first 5
or 6 sections of the unix intro:
http://www.isu.edu/departments/comcom/unix/workshop/unixindex.html

Cheers, Steve.

On Sun, 14 Aug 2005, farzaneh s.mostafaie wrote:

> Hi ,
> I 'm sorry but I couldn't run betsurf correctly when I type the line:
>  betsurf -m structural structural_t2 structural_bet_mesh.off
> struct2standard.mat struct_surf
>
> it says :unable to open struct2standard.mat
> what is this error ?,and the other problem if I want to use just T1 images
> how should I use betsurf?
>
> thanks ,specially Mark for the guide.
> best,
> Farzaneh
> It is easy to run bet2 (and most other utilities) at the
> command line and this is a useful skill to master.
>
> To start with, open up a terminal window.
> Then go to the directory that your image is in using "cd"
> e.g. cd subj001_analysis/
> Say there is an image called structural in this
> directory (either structural.hdr and structural.img or
> structural.nii.gz, it doesn't matter which)
> Then you can run bet2 by typing the following command:
> bet2 structural structural_bet -e -v
> It will then show you some output as it is going, and when
> it is finished the results will be in that directory with
> filenames starting with "structural_bet"
>
> If you then want to generate meshes or images for the
> skull and scalp surfaces, you need to run "betsurf"
> e.g. betsurf -m structural structural_t2 structural_bet_mesh.off
> struct2standard.mat struct_surf
>
> Note that we recommend you have a T1 and T2 weighted image
> and that you need to have run registration to standard space
> to generate the struct2standard.mat file.
>
> If you are having trouble with the basics, try looking at the
> fslcourse lectures, practicals or any of the many online
> tutorials for using unix and the command line.
>
> All the best,
> Mark
>

> On 9 Aug 2005, at 14:36, farzaneh s.mostafaie wrote:
>
> > Hello all
> > How can I use BET2 because it has no visual option in BET section
> > working with FSL 3.2
> > and in command window I can not run it.
> > If it's possible pleas guide me how I should specify my files
> > ,and what I should type to run it (or where I can download it).
> > Thanks for  your guides so far .
> > Best wishes
> > Farzaneh

> > http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

 Stephen M. Smith  DPhil
 Associate Director, FMRIB and Analysis Research Coordinator

 Oxford University Centre for Functional MRI of the Brain
 John Radcliffe Hospital, Headington, Oxford OX3 9DU, UK
 +44 (0) 1865 222726  (fax 222717)

 [log in to unmask]  http://www.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/~steve