Refugee Film Festival

From the 20th to the 26th of June, French Cultural Center, 218 street Kéo Chea

Scarce are the people who in their past have not known exile, roaming and
rebuilding after losing everything. This Refugee Film Festival does not aim to
present an inventory of tragic situations that individuals have lived through
in the four corners of the globe. This week offers a moment of exchange with
those who, before they became refugees, were men and women with their own
ideas and their own projects. Along with UNHCR and CCF, I suggest it is this
human wealth we discover through these films and these encounters.

M. Yvon Roé D'Albert,
French Ambassador in Cambodia

The United Nations commemorates World Refugee Day on the 20th June. There are
millions of refugees around the world and virtually every country in the world
deals with matters relating to refugees. With these films, we hope to get the
public acquainted with refugee issues. We hope that you will realize that
every day, people are forced to flee their country, leaving everything behind.
They cannot wait for the 20th of June for the world to remember them.

M. Thamrongsak Meechubot,
UNHCR Representative in Cambodia

For a list of films and film schedule, please contact Kirill Konin

If anyone is interested to submit their films on refugees or wants to help
with the traveling of this festival to other places, please contact Kirill
Konin.