Dear All,

Just to follow up Pat's email. The 'digital picture' seminars are not
intended to introduce digitisation. They are a consultation on how the
education sector should invest in and manage its image collections. The
initiative is being led by Dr Mike Pringle of the Surrey Institute who
many will remember from his days at EH who is now based at AHDS centre
for the visual arts.  The workshops are free - in fact you could even
win a digital camera! - but I doubt you will learn much about the
mechanics of digitisation.

If you are looking for a (free!) workshop on digitisation, then can I
recommed the continuing programme of AHDS workshops:
http://www.ahds.ac.uk/news/events/

All best wishes,

William

Dr William Kilbride