in case of Asian films' remakes of late, the key figure is a Korean-American producer named Roy Lee. look him up on the IMDb and you'll get a whole list of remakes being currently produced.

From: Ali Titchener <[log in to unmask]> Mailed-By: jiscmail.ac.uk
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Sep 13, 2005 11:57 AM
Subject: Film Remakes

Good Afternoon!
I am a media student at the University of Adelaide (South Australia) and about to commence a project looking at films that have been remade as 'new' Hollywood narratives.

My original idea was to look at foreign films that have been remade, for example Vanilla Sky (possibly narrowing it down to European cinema) but potentially, for ease of obtaining copies, may stick with Hollywood remaking Hollywood as it were (ie Alfie, Oceans 11 etc).

I would be really interested and appreciative if anyone would like to offer any opinions, thoughts, observations etc. Also if you could think of any other good examples of remakes that would be great! I look forward to hearing what people have to say/write.

Thank you

Ali

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **