in the absence of more interesting posts on film-philo let me ask a
really, almost embarrassingly elementary question:

like anyone interested in film, i've been following the development of
and increasing interest in the kind of animation called anime" . . . but i've
done this only by reading--with the result that i have never actually heard
anyone say this word . . . so in fact i don't know how it's pronounced

so, here's my question:  is it  <ah-NEEM>  or is it  <AH-nee-MAY>  or is
it  <AH-nee-muh>  or is it something else that i can't even imagine?

[i also have a subsidiary question, and that is whether there are others
out there who, like me, don't know how to pronounce this word? . . . if
so it says something about the extent to which even in this post modern
age we are still powerfully dependent on print or visual media]

mike

* * Film-Philosophy Email Discussion Salon. After hitting 'reply' please always delete the text of the message you are replying to. To leave, send the message: leave film-philosophy to: [log in to unmask] For help email: [log in to unmask], not the salon. **